About Me

My photo
Lehi, Utah, United States
I have worked in the field of children's product development, safety, testing and quality assurance for the past 26 years. My blog is here to help me share my knowledge and thoughts about child safety, parenting, regulatory issues, recalls, and similar topics. I look forward to reading your posts, thoughts and opinions as we go along. let me know what you're interested in hearing about, and I'll see what I can do you get some info posted for you. In my freelance writing assignment, as with everything else, I have a passion for customer satisfaction. I can deliver a professional product that meets your quality expectations and keeps your project on schedule. I work well as part of a team or independently, with as little or as much interaction as you desire. I maintain an attitude of flexibility throughout my writing assignments, and am not afraid of constructive critiques that can more closely align my work with the client’s expectations.

Freelanced.com

Friday, February 25, 2011

good news for old clunkers


     Lehi’s neighbor, Pleasant Grove, is home to The Northwest Pipe Company. This company is responsible for manufacturing over 20 miles of 126-inch steel pipe being laid to enclose the Murdock Canal. The canal connects Provo Canyon and Point of the Mountain, running from Orem, through Lehi, and up to Alpine.  The materials used to make this steel pipe is recycled old cars, recovered for the Cash-for-Clunkers program.[1]  Something old and useless now transformed into a conduit for the flow of life and crop-sustaining water.

You may feel like that old clunker right now. Depending on who has been driving you, you may be relatively young or seasoned by the years.  Life has beaten you up. Your once firm seat is stretched and wrinkled.  Your paint job has become lackluster.  Your engine only starts half the time. Your tread is worn and the lights that direct your path are flickering.

But just as those old clunkers were melted down and recreated to become strong as steel, so God can transform us.  The first couple of verses in Romans 12 should be Good News for all who identify with those old clunkers.

“Don’t copy the behaviors and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”

Today is a great day to claim this promise from God. Read Romans 12 today and let God remind you again that your life can begin to be transformed by taking one step at a time toward Him. Start those steps this week.


[1] Caleb Warnock, reporter for the Daily Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment