About Me

My photo
Lehi, Utah, United States
I have worked in the field of children's product development, safety, testing and quality assurance for the past 26 years. My blog is here to help me share my knowledge and thoughts about child safety, parenting, regulatory issues, recalls, and similar topics. I look forward to reading your posts, thoughts and opinions as we go along. let me know what you're interested in hearing about, and I'll see what I can do you get some info posted for you. In my freelance writing assignment, as with everything else, I have a passion for customer satisfaction. I can deliver a professional product that meets your quality expectations and keeps your project on schedule. I work well as part of a team or independently, with as little or as much interaction as you desire. I maintain an attitude of flexibility throughout my writing assignments, and am not afraid of constructive critiques that can more closely align my work with the client’s expectations.

Freelanced.com

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Travel review for Trip Advisor

“Child's birthday garden party blossomed at Red Butte.”
5 of 5 starsReviewed August 5, 2011 NEW
It was my granddaughter's sixth birthday. We have always tried to create a birthday party around her current favorite activity. At four it was a jungle theme, turning our entire downstairs into a rain forest. At five it was princesses and knights - dress up at the local museum. This year we wanted to encourage her love of gardening. 

The perfect place was Red Butte Gardens children's Sprout House in Salt Lake City, Utah. For about $160 they provided the lovely garden venue, invitations, tableware, games, decorations and a party master. We provided twelve fun-loving kids, cupcakes and juice. 

In Utah you never know what the weather is going to be like on any given future date. When we planned the party it was 72 degrees and sunny. On the day of the party, it snowed!!! We were panicking a bit, but the staff at Red Butte took it all in stride. Without missing a beat they conducted a garden animals scavenger hunt; the kids played in the lovely garden mazes, colored pots and planted herbs (the take-away for each child).  Our party planner even read the group a garden themed story book. 

The whole event was a beautiful, fun, relaxing (despite the frigid temps), and memorable children's birthday party at a reasonable price. We had parents raving about the unique event for weeks afterwards. It was definitely value received.

If you are interested in a children's party at Red Butte Garden's, give Abbie Keyes a call at (801) 581-8454, or email her at  ABBIE.KEYES@REDBUTTE.UTAH.EDU 

No comments:

Post a Comment